10-31-2013, 08:19 PM   #567
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
I disagree with your first statement. You most definitely need to be honest with yourself and know the pros of cons of getting into marriage with someone for the rest of your life. You need to know if her/his flaws are something that you're willing to live with before progessing. It's usually that small thing that you ignore in the beginning of a relationship ends up being the same root cause of a divorce.

I like your approach of dating your now wife without getting physically involved for a while because once you get a taste of the nectar, everything seems perfect about a woman!
What i meant by my first statement was; if you're in a relationship and need to weigh the pros and cons of marriage, you shouldn't ask her. My 3rd point in that post should have clarified that. On statement is weight the pros and cons of marriage. The other is evaluating a potential mate. If the two of you are compatible and you're hot for that person, could be wedding bells....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
I respect everything you have said here, and I'm very happy that you are able to make things work with your wife. Every situation does have its differences. I don't care if I am with my present now, or in the future, I will always have her back and support her. She is now a part of my life, just as I support any of the women I've been with in the past.
However, its one thing to have a quick pissing contest, as opposed to having a 2/3 hour bickerfest over what should have been nothing. There is always benefit of the doubt, as every person has positive traits in some way shape or form, but don't always coincide, which creates a boundary much like what I am in. I would give up anything for the best of her, but the clashing wouldn't create a positive living environment for anyone involved.
It's been give and take from the start. When we met and argued about something i would want to talk it all out and she wanted to just drop it and forget about it. I didn't work like that and we were at the opposite ends of the spectrum. But as time went by, i learned how to just drop it and get over it and she warmed up to wanting to talk it all out. We actually switched places after several years. Now we're making our way back to the center of the spectrum. So when she want's to drop it i can deal with that and when i want to talk about it, she can deal with that.

What i'm getting at is when two people are right for each other, they will always compromise for the good of the relationship.