View Single Post
      10-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #15
F32
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
Eh, actually living in S.F and commuting in are very different situations.

Also, $400 a month, or $100,000 to buy a parking spot is pretty ridiculous just so your car won't turn into a bumper car on the street.
True and true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnastyman View Post
So do many of you use the public transportation out there? Or you prefer to drive into work?

How far is SF from Menlo Park?
I've lived 20 miles south of SF since birth and have taken public transit twice my entire life. I chose to drive. I work in the financial district and parking in my building is $415/mo (I might be grandfathered in to that rate...perhaps it's since gone up). You're in tech so all the tech companies are close by downtown, either near Embarcadero or SOMA/South Beach, so expect the cost of parking to be similar.

SF and Menlo Park are about 30 miles apart. Without any traffic at all, it's a hair over 30 mins to drive. During commute times, expect 90 minutes or more. The Peninsula is very easy to navigate with two main freeways running north/south and three highways connecting them from east/west every 10 miles or so. Highway 101 is hell during commute as it runs along all the major corporations up and down the Peninsula and SFO airport. The other freeway, 280, is more scenic which runs along the east side of the coastal mountains, rarely ever has traffic (between San Bruno and Los Altos) aside from peak commute time, but isn't as efficient distance wise.

Last edited by F32; 10-10-2013 at 11:12 AM..
Appreciate 0