View Single Post
      10-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
youngnastyman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83 M4

Thinking of moving to San Francisco

I traveled to SF this past weekend to watch my hometeam (I'll let you guess) get DESTROYED by the 49ers...

But anyway - I loved the city! The weather, the people, the mentality out there is so much different than where I am. Not to mention alot of the big technology companies are HQ'd closeby.

I have been approached by tech firms in Menlo Park, CA before but turned them down due to extenuating circumstances at the time. But now I am a little more flexible and am actually considering relocating.

My question is - what is a good salary range to make to live comfortably in SF? I would want to live in a decent part of town (doesn't have to be downtown SF) but somewhere nice preferably. I have been looking around and I'm pretty confident I can score a job paying 6Figures+ very easily as I have a lot of experience with a top energy firm within my area of expertise.

So what are some good areas to live in that are not too ghetto and the cost of living isn't some ridiculous number? I would love to take my M3 out there as well but I hear that parking and commuting is a huge PITA out there.

Last edited by youngnastyman; 10-09-2013 at 03:30 PM..
Appreciate 0