View Single Post
      08-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #51
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

Concerning your ticket cost, it could be small they tack admin costs, case in point. Awhile ago, 18 months or so, I had a loaner, was on the toll roads in SoCal, went thru transponder did not work battery dead, CHP stops me. Explains the whole thing says get letter from toll road authority go to court etc. they'll dismiss it. I get said letter, go to court, court administrator hears story, get's bailiff to bring letter reads letter says really unfortunate looks like a simple problem I'm reducing the ticket to $5, I think instantly cool $5 BUT cannot reduce court fees since you did come to court so total cost was $119. Not a lot of money but I hit the roof, $114 dollars for 5 minutes tops, he said well than it'll be $189 with no reduction you choose sir. Of course I say the $114 he says pay at the window next. Morale of story ticket could be small, you'll still be on the hook for the court cost and fees, may want to just pay the damn thing if it's no points as I took a 1/2 day form work, I'm self employed and lost way more than the additional $75. Lesson learned.

I personally do not think you have a leg to stand on in the defense of your ticket but hell it's your time and money.
Appreciate 0