05-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #16
sqweak
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarplayax View Post
I'm one of the guys in the other thread. My brakes failed TWICE, as the dealer did not fully diagnose the issue. The issue is related to a step missed during manufacturing. It was explained to me that the vacuum pump is a lubricated part, and during manufacturing, a plug was not removed from the camshaft that provides oil to the vacuum pump. BMW NA is replacing the car.
Car is still in the shop. They actually delivered it back to my house Friday morning, but as they were pulling it off the shop foreman called the driver to tell him to return it. Turns out, despite me alerting them to the need to address the camshaft that they didn't do so and had just gotten word from BMWNA that it needed to be done. They took the car back, but can't find the part in the states. I have asked them to ask BMWNA for buyback approval if they cannot fix expediently. Because of the holiday weekend, they don't expect an answer on either fix or buyback until Weds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarplayax View Post
I think it's being found in 328xi's manufactured in Munich, in February.
Mine is a 328i, non-xi. It is from Munich and February though.

Past: 2008 E90 Sparkling Graphite Metallic M3 Sedan 6MT | 2005 Boxster 5MT no options (wife) | 2008 E90 Silverstone II M3 Sedan 6MT | 2001 E46 M3 Cab 6MT
Appreciate 0