04-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #33
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpg22 View Post
If you are a numbers guy have you looked into resale in 2 years as well? I have not negotiated a price on these cars so it is impossible to know which one drops more. Going from MSRP is inaccurate if one car sells for a lot under MSRP and one doesn't. Just a thought.
Ah but that is why I lease cars.

So I don't have to worry about their value in 2-3 years, and I can drive them hard without needing to care about the longevity of the car or any extra maintenance. I don't develop emotional attachments to cars, so I simply lease them, drive them hard, return them. You really wouldn't want to buy a car that I had during my lease; I only do the oil changes that the manufacturer recommends and none in-between, even though a car that's been driven (and tracked) as hard as mine should have them more often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chron3k View Post
It's going to be hard to beat a BMW lease at the same MSRP... BMW Financial offers killer MF rates and usually has pretty good residuals (at least to what I've found with Porsche and Audi, don't know about Merc).

That is very true

But MB was better than BMW when it came to the luxury sedan leases. Hence why I got an e350 bluetech for my comfy DD versus a 528i. More torque and better MPG; less hp though.

I'm thinking I'll just wait for the LCI Z4, or go with the F3X. Porsche is just unreasonable; I rather get an E93 M3 than a Boxster any day..
Appreciate 0