View Single Post
      03-21-2013, 01:03 AM   #138
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
Finally, someone agrees how difficult it was for the Lakers to win. They had to beat really good teams. Unlike now the eastern conference has been a joke since Lebron entered the league. I find it funny how the Lebron fans say he could not win in Cleveland because he didn't have anyone. Cleveland had the best record, top defensive team, top free throw percentage, and they lost in the finals. I was shocked that Lebron never won a scoring title during his time with Cleveland because the eastern conference was horrible. Allen Iverson, who is half of Lebrons size won a scoring title, because he had twice the amount of heart, and guts. Iverson would take you inside, outside, whatever it took to win the game. Lebron, just took the easy way, and joined an already established superstar in Wade. Now he finds himself again, playing in a horrible eastern conference. But now he has Wade, Bosh, and company. I would of have more respect for him if he took a bad team (Cleveland) and made them win the a championship.Instead, he piggy backed off of Wade. This whole winning streak means nothing, because again, with the exception of 5-6 teams the NBA is flooded with bad teams. So Lebron continue making commercials, and good luck trying to win not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, and so on championships, because you are going to find yourself again having to piggy back off another superstar to win those champions because wade, and company won't be around that long.
Difficult for Lakers to win? Did you forget what a joke the eastern conference was? NJ Nets? Indiana Pacers? 76ers? The Lakers nearly swept all of them. It wasn't even a battle.

Having the best regular season record doesn't mean you have the best team. The Spurs had the best record for the past few season and I don't see them winning any championships right now. If you are discrediting Lebron for playing in the eastern conference then you must have forgot how tough the Boston Celtics were. They had 4 superstar on their team. Paul Pierce, KG, Ray Allen, Rondo. And they were the best defensive team in the league.

Winning a scoring title means nothing. Kevin Durant won 3 scoring title and on his way to win his 4th one. Does that mean he is better than Kobe and Lebron? And you are talking about Iverson in his prime vs Lebron in his rookie season. Iverson was unstoppable in those days.

Did you forget your NY Knick Carmelo Anthony demanded a trade to NY to play with a superstar also? Amare Stoudemire ring a bell? 6x NBA All star? But no one ever talks about it because the Knicks sucks.

Eastern conference is far from horrible. Indiana Pacers, Boston, Bulls are one of the toughest defensive team in the league. Boston is even more deadly defensively without Rondo. Bradley is a much better defender. Not to mention, Jeff Green and Jason Terry is finally contributing after Rondo went out. They were nonexistent prior to the injury.

Lebron and Bosh aren't even past their prime yet. They are both only 28 years old. Only exception is Wade is a bit older at 31. If Lebron continues to improve his game I don't see how a couple more championship in his career is so far fetched. He is on his way to win his 4th MVP also.
Appreciate 0