Thread: Kobe vs LeBrick
View Single Post
      03-21-2013, 12:54 AM   #137
gnhm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 / F87 M2

[QUOTE=Inspired;13676930]Better player in terms of what? Best to win more championship? Best defense? Best all around player? Best scorer? Best rebounder? Best assister?

I have been watching basketball way longer than 11-12 years. I don't remember Portland being that great. They had Rasheed Wallace and that's about it. They were never really that tough to beat. I remember the Kings were a tough tough team with no superstar on the team. Just a bunch of good players that knows their role with C Web, Divac, and Bibby. But one of the playoff series was rigged by Tom Donaghy.

What is Lebron doing in his prime? Winning his 3rd MVP and about to win his 4th MVP. That isn't impressive enough?

Kobe will be the better overall player. LeBron won 3 MVPS in a softer league and even softer conference? Good for him. Here is a picture of the standings at the end of the 2001, 2002 and 2003 season. Look at how tough every team was. Every team had to be over .500 to be in the playoffs. Up until 2 years ago Indiana had a .451 and took the 8th seed. Ridiculous.

LeBron is playing in a way easier league, against way easier teams with very little talent level compared to the early 2000's. Teaming up and building a super team in the softest conference I have seen in a decade, and running circles around everyone doesn't impress me like I said...