10-12-2011, 01:08 AM   #111
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
Not going to turn this thread into another Hamilton discussion, but the incident with Massa was relatively minor.

I don't see the big deal. If Button hadn't backed out at the start, it would have been the same thing there. So maybe you should be asking where Massa's head was since he chose to not back out and let it hang there. In fact Hamilton almost got a 2nd puncture out of the deal because Massa's winglet hit the back of Hamilton's front left tire.

Anyways, a puncture put him behind the curve, lost him time, and offset his pit stops. You can hardly blame him for that.
Did we even watch the same grand prix? It was pretty clear that Hamilton chopped across Massa, and didn't leave him enough space. He was lucky to get away from that without any damage to his car. I never said he deserved a penalty - I was just commenting that it was HIS mistake, not Massa's...once again. Watch the replay carefully...Massa is almost alongside, then Hamilton moves across while Massa is already on the brakes - reminded me of the Kobayashi-Hamilton incident.

Martin Brundle, a very well respected commentator, mentioned on the post-race show (BBC forum) that Hamilton appears to be having trouble with his peripheral vision. Apparently, Hamilton had confided that he's having trouble with his mirrors due to vibration or something of that sort.

Either way, Hamilton's race craft has been sloppy, although he was unlucky to pick up that puncture today.
Appreciate 0