View Single Post
      07-25-2011, 11:36 PM   #41
kelvinkay
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

not to sound all professional and all, but i work for an eye surgeon specialize in refractive surgery in Vancouver, B.C.. Most definitely there is less complication with Lasik or PRK surgery then wearing contact lens. It is because most patients don't take enough care with their contact lenses. With Lasik surgery tho, is very important to find out if you have a record of dry eyes. The creation of the flip means cutting through some of the nerve in the mid section of the cornea, hence creating dryness. Furthermore, if you are young, I will suggest PRK over Lasik surgery. There is always a chance of regression. Especially with higher minus to begin with. So 20 or even 30 years down the road you may require another surgery to bring your eye sight back to 20/20 or 20/25. with PRK we use less tissues because there is no creation of the flap while we only remove the very first layer of the cornea, which is roughly 50 microns. A lasik flap is ranges from 100 to 160 micron depending on the surgeon and method. So be sure there is enough corneal thickness to start with. Hope this will help. I will try to answer any other question.

Kelvin Kay Lui
Appreciate 0